Custom Weapon Template
Name: Nidhogg
Element: Depends on User
Range: 1-2 Meters

Weapon Size: 2 Meters
Weapon Weight: 4.21 Kg
Weapon Appearance:

Abilities:

• Annihilation of Chastity; This particular aspect of the spear is based around it's name. Removing any barriers that prevent the spilling of blood onto virgin soil, the very nature of the weapon chips away at protections. Every swing of the blade gradually removes a layer of protection. Each swing carrying it's own additional power. In terms of the Shinobi's ranking- it is deemed as a E Rank piercing ability. Any protection, barrier that may otherwise hinder the movement of it's possesses(ers) maybe attacked and eventually overcome. Each rank requires it's own valued squared to move up to a higher echelon. Following this system, it requires two swings to bring down a D Ranked Barrier. Four to bring down a C and so forth.
    There are of course limitations for this ability to function properly. First among these is that barriers such as those that protect a Village can never be fully taken down. They may be temporarily disabled with brute force. An act that will alert the appropriate authorities to the wielders actions. Additionally the barriers protecting the Village may only be taken down for one post before they reset. That is the first stipulation. A side note to this is that Barriers that are elemental in nature will be significantly weaker if the user channels elemental chakra through the blade. The destruction time will be reduced by 50%. For example, if a PC put up a C Ranked barrier of wind and the user of Nidhogg channelled Katon type chakra through the blade, it would only take two strikes off the blade to remove the barrier. The second stipulation is much harsher.
    For the powers of the blade to be used, the weapon must be bathed in blood, or at least the portion that will utilise the inherent abilities of the blade. This blood can be NPC or Player, it matters little. There is also the time period required for such an action. The user has 'til the blood dries, at which point that portion of the blade becomes useless, the blood dries on an average of two posts in a place such as Konoha. In places such as Suna it would be lucky to last half a post. In Amegakure the blood would almost immediately be wiped off the blade due to the rain.
    Incidentally the user cannot pierce himself to fulfil the tribute. While Nidhogg's ability is in effect, it cannot cut corporeal bodies of matter.
    While it is indeed a useful blade, utilising it effectively will always be a problem.

Description: Cursed Iron -slightly rusted | Wooden pole | steel nob

Discontinued for now.

Last edited by Loveless on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
September
Genin
Genin

Points/ryo : 31
OOC Reputation : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oh These Blades of Iron

Post by Raksh on Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:42 am

Make a separate topic for it.

Account for elemental barriers.

Can it conduct chakra and take on the elemental nature of it's wielder.

What if the barrier is single layered but formed with extremely concentrated chakra giving it the strength of a C rank technique. What then?

Raksh
Genin
Genin

Points/ryo : 13
OOC Reputation : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ty on Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:55 am

Without being said, it must take as much chakra to destroy the barrier as the barrier took to create

Ty
Genin
Genin

Points/ryo : 795

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by September on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:08 am

Raksh wrote:Make a separate topic for it.

Account for elemental barriers.

Can it conduct chakra and take on the elemental nature of it's wielder.

What if the barrier is single layered but formed with extremely concentrated chakra giving it the strength of a C rank technique. What then?

-Why do I need to another thread?

-Right-o, done.

-After a bit of thinking on it, yes and no. However the blade itself doesn't conduct. Otherwise it wouldn't need to be soaked with blood to work.

-Can you be a bit more specific? Maybe I'm slow but you just described the average definition of a metaphysical barrier to me. Extremely concentrated chakra? It's still just one layer isn't it?

Ty wrote:Without being said, it must take as much chakra to destroy the barrier as the barrier took to create

-Of course. I believe I mentioned that there is a matter of E-Rank amount of damage accumulating on the barrier's surface? 2xE=D, 4xE=C, 6xE=B, 8xE=A, 10xE=S. The number being the amount of times the E-Rank has to be applied before acheiving the rank we are looking for. I would assume that an SS Barrier would take 20 strikes.
September
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raksh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:21 am

You need to make a separate topic because it avoids cluttering of a single topic, helps keep things more organized and in the event that there is excessive discussion regarding one person's weapons then the approval moderators don't have to waste time looking for different posts regarding different weapons.
Two days to copy-paste this on a different topic before I start deleting these posts.

Your definition is not sufficient regarding the elemental chakra bit. If the blade doesn't conduct chakra then it will be less than ineffective against an elemental barrier.

More chakra doesn't mean more layers. In fact, where'd you even get the idea that barriers have multiple layers?
I don't know what criteria you're using to define different 'layers' but an increase in the thickness of the barrier doesn't imply more layers. It's exactly what I said it is. A thicker layer of chakra. If it's 4 inches, it doesn't mean 4 layers unless there is some clear differentiation between the composition or chakra nature or pattern in which the chakra flows between each inch of chakra.

You said the number of hits is squared. So it will be 2 E, 4 D, 8 C, 16 B, 32 A, 64 S, 128 SS unless you want to change that now.

Well, technically you said it will be each level's value squared to move to the next level so it should be 2 E, 4 D, 16 C, 256 D, etc etc etc.

-Over and out.

Raksh
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by September on Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:15 am

-If that's how you want to do things, I have no problems. Just make sure you put it into a Sticky. Previously we've always put things in the one topic, so that is going to be the default posting fashion.

-Put this into further consideration; I'm thinking that the blade rusts slightly as blood is put upon it. This rust mingles with the blood and makes it chakra conductive. Yes it would be less effective I suppose, if the user wasn't channelling the appropriate sort. And how many people are going to purposefully hinder themselves? But I will re-do that portion. Maybe separate it out into sub-headings for ease of browsing.

-I don't have that particular idea. I know that protections can be added together to increase the ability of the defence. Gaara and the Tushkikage being the primary example here. However a water and fire based defence would just slaughter itself.

-Meh, maths has never been my strongest point. However here I do believe that what I put in the weapon app was correct and I wasn't thinking when I wrote that particular line. Yes, the small bit of math you put out is correct. The weapon is C-Ranked. I didn't really intend it to go around breaking B-Ranked Barriers.
September
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raksh on Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:20 am

Oh wait, never mind. I thought this was the topic for custom weapons because of the template you put up there.

I see. So the blood makes the weapon chakra conductive. I'll let TY make the call on that.

About layers. Adding layers doesn't necessarily make the barrier stronger just as having a single does not make it weaker. Thing about sand or earth is that it's mass not energy so the only way to strengthen is to make it thicker. But, another thing one can do is pack it tighter together, which brings us to my point regarding concentration of chakra. You can add more layers or just increase it's density. Considering it is energy, it is a viable explanation.

Raksh
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by September on Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Ah, I see how that might have been confusing. It was a trick developed by Dante for ease of access.

Yeah, I'm not really comfortable with making a B-ranked Weapon as a C-Ranked Ninja. I expect there might be at least some rule put in place at some point to prevent abuse. Plus it's one of those universally accepted rules. Chakra conductive items at B-Rank. *Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.*

So layers? Err yeah. It'll depend on the type of barrier. Not everything works. If I see a Lightning Barrier and a Earth Barrier interacting, I'll call BS and bring it down, unless of course there is a valid reason like the Earth Barrier being comprised of iron ore and the lightning energising it. Some compliment each other, others don't. That therefore leads us to the question of, 'does packing metaphysical chakra have a greater effect then merely layering reasonably close to each other. Going back to my original analogy, instead of Gaara's Sand Mum and the Golem being on top of each other, they would appear to be enjoying the fruits of intercourse. Separate vs Conjoined.
Would it be better to treat this like the Skyrim Dual Casting System works? 2.5x the original amount, or something close too?
September
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by September on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Custom Weapon Template
Name: Ekusukaribā
Element: Raiton
Range: Arms length + Weap Size

Weapon Size: [Hilt-Guard]34 Cm [Guard-Tip]123 Cm
Weapon Weight: 6 Kg
Weapon Appearance:
X
Excalibur is the strongest and most majestic holy sword that symbolises a True King. It is the crystallisation of the prayer named "glory" and everything etched in the hearts of those who are scattered at the sword's radiance; the nostalgic, sorrowful, and exalted dream of those who were placed on the bloody hell called a battlefield, of all warriors past, present, and future fully exposed to the fear of death and despair, and whom still cling to a desire: "to be exalted." The sword itself reflects upon it's King, and without the true majesty that the status might bring, hides itself beneath a shell. Albeit, this shell is still a truly wonderful sight to behold, it doesn't quite match up to it's total prowess. A tainted red blade is the most appealing feature of it, the cadence, the pigmentation of it's unknown metal only slightly drawing attention to it's true origins. The hang guard is highly embellished, with the sides appearing to be wings. This is the swords natural appearance, however this Young King has the audacity to make his own arrangements. With a side guard curving down in a fashion similar to the duellists of old, making this more of a rapier in appearance then a actual sword. This is intentionally misleading, as the blade itself is a long one. Whether it will live up to the title of 'Sword of Promised Victory' remains to be seen.

Abilities: -
Description: Materials, ect. -

September
Genin
Genin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content